Friday, April 6, 2012
US Hole In One is a leading provider of hole in one insurance that are played during the tournament for all golfers in the event however US Hole In One also insures putting contest and shootout contest to add a little more wow to your event. Here are the answers to some of the top questions about Shootout Contests;
What is the difference between a Shootout Contest and a Hole In One Insurance?
- Despite many people’s assumptions there is a difference between a hole in one insurance contest and a shootout contest. A hole in one insurance contest is done during the course of play and involves all golfers in the tournament. A shootout however is done before or after the tournament and usually involves a larger prize for only one to four golfers.
What is the pricing for a Shootout Contest?
- Shootout contests are priced per golfer and can insure a grand prize up to 1 million dollars (40 year annuity).
How do I select the person for a Shootout Contest?
- The contestant is picked at random, a good idea is to sell raffle tickets at the registration table then after the golfers are done playing select one name and have them take the shot. This is also a great way to fundraise for your event.
Where can I hold the Shootout Contest?
- Unlike the hole in one insurance contest the shootout does not have to be on a par 3 hole. You can use whatever hole is closest to the clubhouse for convenience and measure out the minimum distance of 165 yards from the cup.
What are the witness requirements?
- The shootout contest does have to be videotaped. In addition to the video you will need two non event participants to act as witnesses. One of these two has to be a PGA pro to a police officer.
For more information or to receive a quote on a Shootout Contest, call us at 888-882-5440!