Friday, October 5, 2012
Now that you have your hole in one, putting and/or shootout coverage in place, there are a few essential things that must take place to fulfill the terms and conditions of the contract. A big thing on that list is the witness requirements! The witness requirements are extremely important for the hole in one, putting, and shootout contests for the winner to be guaranteed the payout. For each of the contests, there are different witness requirements, which are determined mainly by the prize value. So what are the witness requirements for your upcoming tournament? That is an easy question! Here is a full breakdown of the witness requirements for all events.
Hole In One & Shootout Policy
- All Prize Limits (including bonus prize holes) – Two (2) playing partners of the winner.
- $2,000 to 59,999 – One (1) witnesses not participating in the tournament who is at least 18 years of age or older.
- $60,000 to $99,999 – Two (2) witnesses not participating in the tournament who are at least 18 years of age or older.*
- $100,000 to $1,000,000 – Two (2) witnesses not participating in the tournament who are at least 18 years of age or older.* (one of which is a PGA Professional or Police Officer). A continuous, unedited videotape shot from behind the green of all shots to win the prize.
- A videotape is also required, in addition to the witness requirements for all agreements in which both: the number of contestants is 24 or less AND the Prize Value is $25,000 or greater.
*For prize values requiring two (2) non-event participant witnesses, one (1) witness must be stationed at the tee and one witness must be stationed adjacent to the green.
- Continuous, Unedited Videotape – The video must show the measurement of the putt distance, placement of the ball and the ball being struck and ending up in the hole.
- Up to $10,000 – One (1) witness not participating in the contest who are at least 18 years of age or older.
- $10,001 to $25,000 – Two (2) witnesses not participating in the contest who are at least 18 years of age or older. (one of which must be a PGA Professional).
All witnesses, regardless of the size of the prize, must be able and must observe the ball going into the cup from their viewpoint of the hole.
If you still have questions about your witness requirements, please do not hesitate to contact your tournament consultant at US Hole In One by email at email@example.com or by calling us at 888-882-5440. We are more than happy to answer any questions!
By: Sarah Halcovage